July 24, 2011

Tin of cards

The main reason I bought the June 2011 kit by Sweet Peach Crop Shop was because I'm in love with the Margarita Collection by American Crafts. Here is my first project with this line:
The 'Mambo' paper was applied to the 'Sheer Bliss' ice cream tin with Mod Podge (Matte). I sealed it twice with Matte then once with Gloss to add some shine. The butterflies were hand cut from the 'Flamenco' paper and coated with Mod Podge Gloss. I made the antennas by twirling strips of the bar code boarder  of the 'Merengue' paper. The sentiment on the card is a Colorbok gel sticker.

Here are some more shots around the tin:
The pink butterfly on top was colored with a Sakura gel pen and covered in Diamond Stickles. I added a little Mod Podge Glitter to the other ones (except the blue ones that come already glittered).

Here is the set of cards I made to go inside it:
Cardstock, Flair and delights also from the Sweet Peach kit. The cards are 3x3 inches and I could fit the 8 cards and 8 3.5x5 envelopes in the tin:

I think this will make a nice little gift :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Deana said...

Totally loving your butterfly tin... and the set of cards inside is just ADORABLE! :-)