July 23, 2011

Decoupage

Here is a project I made for a friend of mine. This was a series of firsts as it was my first shot at decoupage and my first time with the glue gun.
I used a painted Pottery Barn picture frame and applied  BasicGray - Lauderdale - paper from the June 2011 kit by Sweet Peach Crop Shop with Mod Podge. The Prima flowers and Offray ribbon were attached with a glue gun (GlueArts) and the Jillibean Sugarpicks were added at the end.

I never thought I would have enough patience for decoupage, but I found out that Mod Podge takes as long to dry as I take to fold a load of laundry. I might have to come up with more laundry day projects now...

And here is the coordinating card:
BasicGray - Lauderdale - papers, SRM sticker sentiment, baker's twine from DKMdiva, pearl brad from Eyelet Outlet & Brads. I used the glue gun to assemble the flower, then added some Diamond Stickles to embellish the glue.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

Love this cute flower printed frame Pat. Wow and the coordinating card too huh. Well, this is a fine match! Well done. Hugsxo Peggy

Deana said...

Loving that card... adorable. The frame rocks, too! And you can come do my laundry if it will help with your projects... ;-)