July 29, 2011

New wheels

Ali has a great sketch posted today at Sketches: Creatively Yours and the design team has added their own personal touches for your inspiration. Here is my interpretation:
I used papers by October Afternoon - 5 & Dime, Bazzill Cocoa cardstock and Maya Road Vintage Crochet Zig Zag Trim from the Apron Strings May'11 STBB kit. Thikers and SRM sticker sentiment from my stash. As you can see I ran out of "e" so I used "3" instead, and I rubbed some Ranger Distress Ink (Tea Dye) to mute their color a bit. The journaling is on a My Mind's Eye - Stella & Rose - paper from the Smaller than a Breadbox April '11 kit. Gel pens by Pentel and Uni-ball. Stitches were made with the WRMK Sew Easy (Zig Zag) and DCM floss. Scallop circle punch-outs were mounted on foam adhesive by 3L; other adhesive by Tombow and GlueArts. I won the Pink Paislee alphas at the Apron Strings birthday bash and the October Afternoon rubber charm at their blog hop. This layout is also for the Apron Strings Out With the Old, In With the New Day 15 challenge: try a Classic-style layout, paired with an older kit of your choice.

Here is the S:CY sketch 11-11:
As you can see I rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and added a few more embellishments than the sketch suggested. There is so much room for interpretation!

I'm looking forward to seeing your interpretation! I hope you can join us at Sketches: Creatively Yours! Also, check out the S:CY Facebook Page!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

LOVE those embellished flowers!

Lori said...

Wow - great use of so many different pieces!