May 14, 2010

NYC trip

I'm a chronological scrapbooker, and I'm slowly currently working my way through 2009.

The following layouts are from photos of a long weekend trip we took to see my brother in NYC. The first two LOs came out of the Apron Strings April'10 kit packet called Little Yellow Bicycle - Lucky Me.

The large alphas are from the March'10 Mosh Posh kit and some leftover paper scraps from the February'10 kit. Mini alphas are AdornIt - Caroliee Creations. Statue of Liberty embellishment by Jolie. Eyelets and tag from Eyelet Outlet & Brads.

We had a great time at the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) - the kids loved the dinosaur skeletons!
 Dinosaur and jewel brads from Eyelet Outlet & Brads. Alphas from the April'10 Mosh Posh kit.

The next AMNH layout was my attempt to fulfill the Apron Strings May 12 Challenge. Apparently the lack of snow in Florida and my inability to follow a recipe led to a "not quite white" layout... 

I used a Wood Strip rub-on from EK Success, alphas by Sassafras (Mosh Posh Feb'10 kit) and Jenni Bowlin journaling tag.

4 comments:

Patchi said...

I forgot to mention that the first LO was my take on the Mosh Posh May sketch:
http://mosh-poshkits.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-sketch-w-design-team-projects.html

Lori said...

Look at that sweet chubby face! As I'm looking at the layout, I totally can't picture the sketch, but you have some nice white space on the top, so I'm thinkin' that qualifies. :)
Thanks for playing.

Vicky said...

Great take on the Mosh Posh May layout sketch! Love your color combo. See you at the Mosh Posh Flickr group :)

Unknown said...

Love seeing someone else's take on a sketch. Thanks for playing along. Post them at our Flickr group? :)