July 28, 2010

Stress relief

When I'm stressed I can't sleep... so I scrap. Here are two LOs I made last night/this morning. The first one is for the scrap attack sketch contest over at PageMaps blog. Here is the sketch (and the prize):
And here is my take on the sketch:
I used the Girls Paperie paper - On Holiday - from the Mosh Posh July'10 kit. I also used a Maya Road Scallop Envelope from that kit to hide keep the boarding passes. The title tag was ripped from the American Airlines boarding pass cover. Cardstock is Bazzill. Ribbon and plate I got at Big Lots a while back.

The next LO is for the Apron Strings My Croppy Summer Assignment #17: "use scraps only on your layout." I took that literally! I had 3 half used SEI cardstock that I cut into 1" strips and weaved for the background.
I used 2 colors for the vertical lines and the third color for the horizontal, along with a scrap of Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird - from a previous LO. The black cardstock that I used to mat the pictures also came from leftovers of that same LO. I used some Die Cuts with a View - Stitch In Time Alphabet Rub On for the title, and embelished with a SRM sticker, a vellum sticker from an old sheet and a rub-on from a set from way back.

3 comments:

Briel said...

Love the weaving--very fun! Great LO

ShoppingTamii said...

love the envelope and using the tickets in your layout! AWESOME pages!

Deana said...

LOVE the new LO's, Patchi, especially that first one! Loving that Maya Road envelope... must get some of those! :-)

Hope you have a GREAT weekend(& I hope you can get some sleep, too! :-)