January 22, 2012

SWS #4: Coloring

There is a new Stamping with Sami Challenge posted today on the SP Stamps blog. This week we are asking for Coloring. The rules for the SWS challenges are posted here.

I realized a little late that none of my SP stamps have images I could color... I guess I need to order some more ;)

So instead of making a card, I made a mini-book based on the October Afternoon paper from the Farm Fresh collection that has the story of Rusty the Rooster:
Here are the inside pages:
 
I embellished the book with the following SP stamps: Large Polka Dots Background stamp, Musical Background stamp, Mix 'n Match Sentiments: Family Stamp Set and Round Sentiments I stamp set.

I used an October Afternoon Flashcard book as my base and the papers are from Farm Fresh and Hometown collections. I colored the images with a Stampin' Up! blender pen using SU! Classic ink (Regal collection, Crumb cake), Colorbox pigment ink and Martha Stewart chalk ink; same inks were used for stamping. Other: Ranger Distress ink; stickers from Doodlebug Designs; Cropidile & eyelets from WRMK; EK Success scallop circle punch, Love My Tapes adhesive fabric tape.


I hope you get a chance to check out the SP Stamps blog and play with this week's SWS Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a sweet little project! Very creative.