January 8, 2012

SWS #2: Masking

There is a new Stamping with Sami Challenge posted today on the SP Stamps blog. Another easy one: masking. In case you are not familiar with the technique, check out Sami's tutorial here and the rules for the challenge are posted here.

For my card I used the Ultimate Sentiments II Stamp Set that came out in November and the Hearty Hearts Backgrounds.
For my mask I applied Tombow mono adhesive to the coordinating sentiment die-cut (available at the SP&Co. store as a SVG file or a pre-cut set). I let the adhesive dry so it would be re-positionable then placed the die-cut on my card base and stamped over it with the background stamp.

Other: Stampin'Up ink (Riding Hood red and Cherry Cobler); WRMK Sew Easy stitch piercer (Zig Zag) and floss; Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type; unknown ribbon and card base. I cut out the window with a Coluzzle template. Here is what it looks like inside:
I hope you get a chance to check out the SP Stamps blog and play with this week's SWS Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: