February 3, 2011

Rainy days

It's rainy and gray over here... the kind of weather when all I want to do is curl up with a book, which I cannot do from work. Somehow I thought the weather would not affect me now that my lab/office does not have a window... but somehow I can sense it and I just don't feel like working but my experiments just won't wait. As I can't curl up with a book I was going over the ones I read recently.

I finished the Victoria Thompson Gaslight Mysteries I had at home last week: Murder In Chinatown, Murder on Bank Street, and Murder on Waverly Place. They read so fast and are truly addicting - but now I need to wait for the yearly releases like the rest of her fans. Actually, I'm waiting until Murder on Lexington Avenue comes out in paperback in June -- but I might break down and buy the hardcover or the Kindle version...

However, while I'm deciding what to do, I'm reading U is for Undertow, which I got for Christmas. I absolutely love Sue Grafton, and I've read all the Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries so far. This latest one is bound not to disappoint!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: