November 14, 2011

Scrap card

This weeks Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo was posted today:
For my card, I dug into my scrap file to look for patterned paper that matched this challenge. Here is what I came up with, quick and simple:
The white card base was bought at JoAnns. The red paper is Cosmo Cricket (Garden Variety); the green paper and scalloped tag are Scenic Route (Salem). I added an adhesive journaling tag (Reminisce) to the center of the scalloped one because it wasn't white. Sassafras glitter alphas. The flowers are a stamp from Woodware USA that didn't really work on the slick surface with the ink I used. When I wiped it off it left a faint outline that I colored with Bic markers then added some Glossy Accents to the center. I really liked the result :)
I hope you can play along with this weeks Scrapmaster's Paradise Color Combo! And if you are wondering what I meant by "my scrap file" here is a picture:
I bought this a few years ago to store cardstock and paper, but it got too heavy and wasn't really easy to find things. Now I keep my patterned paper sorted by collection in plastic bags in a bin on the floor by my desk. The cardstock is sorted by color in a Kaisercraft paper storage unit on my desk (you can see it in the background of the photo). Leftovers go in the file sorted by color, patterned paper in the front half and cardstock in the back.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

What a great card! I love the way you cut the ends.

Leanne said...

Patchi it is great creating with you, your cards are wonderful, way to go!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice card!

Susan said...

What a fun card - reminds me of the placemats that we wove out of construction paper. That scrap storage idea is great. Thank you for sharing.

Ali said...

WOW: GREAT-- What a texturally pleasing card Patchi! I just love it, as well as the colour combo! Your method of pp storage is perfect, too. Similar to mine, well... kinda! LOL TY for showing us ur way of organizing scraps. :o) Love that stuff.
Thanks for popping over to my Blog, I truly appreciate it. ~ Ali :o)

Jessica Buffa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your weaving technique. Gorgeous center scallop and sentiment, too.