October 12, 2010

Just us

There are hardly any photos - let alone good photos - of just Dada and me. When I saw this one I just had to scrap it. I started from Sketch #37 over at Tuesday Trio. The inspiration challenge was a picture of an oasis in the desert. I was having a hard time finding a complementing color to go with the top I'm wearing in the picture and the golden orange color of the desert just spoke to me. I also happened to find the perfect paper in the Sassafras mystery box I bought - from the Life is Beautiful collection. It went well with the 3 bugs in a rug paper - sugar cane - I had in my stash.
Sassafras alpha and journaling stickers, May Arts ribbon, K&Co. Que Sera Sera charmers, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type words, brads from Eyelet Outlet & Brads. The flowers are a variation on the common box flower.

2 comments:

Dailly - TT said...

I think the photo looks a little small in this page, and I would add some matting maybe to enlarge it. Also, i think your background paper, which fits your top perfectly, is a little too strong, and maybe I'de try to bring it down a bit by hiding more of it.
All in all - a really cute page.

Thanks for playing along thi week.

Dailly - TT

Unknown said...

Lovely page! I think the colors are perfect and the flowers turned out great! Thanks for playing along!