August 9, 2010

Folded rose tutorial

My first tutorial. If you liked the roses from the box I posted yesterday, here is a step by step on how to make them. I followed Happay Scrappay's tutorial posted last year, but I think it is easier to see how to fold them with contrasting double-sided paper.

First cut a 1" by 12" strip of paper (Cosmo Cricket - Delimit). Fold one side forward like this:

Now start rolling as tight as you can from left to right:

Fold the paper backwards and continue rolling:

Keep rolling and folding until you get to the end:

When you get to the end use a glue dot to secure and tuck it in:

I also secure the base with a glue dot (unless you want to attach it to a stem):

Here is a close up of the front:

and the back:

Have fun!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Just love this tutorial, going to make these today. Thanks. Melxx

XxJULESxX said...

fab tut thanks! i love the rose