August 31, 2012

Money holder card tutorial

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but life seems to get in the way sometimes. I made this birthday  money holder using Jillibean Soup papers (Chicken noodle, Summer Squash, Coconut Lime), die-cuts (Apple Cheddar, Coconut Lime) and twine.

And here is a quick tutorial. My card was 7.5" wide and 4" tall.

1- Start with a base 8.5" wide and 9" tall. Cut a 1/2" strip from each side, starting at 2" from the top. If you use a paper trimmer, position the blade at 2" and cut down:
2- Trim the strips at an angle to create tabs and fold back. Score the card at 2" and 6" like this:
3- Decorate the edges with a border punch. I used scallops:
4- Add adhesive to the tabs and fold the pocket. I added a different patterned paper for contrast.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: