August 21, 2011

Boo boo kisses

My oldest is starting kindergarten tomorrow -- time flies! We went to meet his teacher on Friday and I made her a little gift:
I used a plastic ice cream jar covered with October Afternoon Schoolhouse paper then used fabric tape from Love My Tapes. For the topper I punched out flowers and scalloped circles from OA Modern Homemaker, and layered them with foam adhesive. Unknown button and ribbon; apple pin by My Little Bit of Whimsy. I cut tags with a Coluzzle template and added some OA Mini Market alphas and a Making Memories eyelet.

I made a second jar for my youngest to give to his new preschool teacher, so he wouldn't feel left out:
This one also uses OA Schoolhouse papers and alphas. The punch-outs are from scraps of cardstock, the baker's twine is from DKMdiva, and the frog had been on the playroom floor for a while now.

Both of these jars are filled with fun BandAids, which I'm sure will come in handy this school year :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: