December 3, 2014

What I've been reading

One of my favorite books this year was The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg. As a papercrafter, I loved how she made magic out origami. And if that wasn't enough, walking through someone's heart was an amazing experience. I had to buy The Glass Magician as soon as I finished the first book and I loved it just as much.

I bought the Hattie Davish Mysteries by Anna Loan-Wilsey for my mother-in-law (a historical fiction/mystery fan) and they finally made their way to my hands. A Lack of Temperance was a delightful read and I jumped straight into Anything but Civil. Last week she brought me A Sense of Entitlement, and I can't wait to read it.

Of Stardust by February Grace was a cute read, but even though I really liked the characters, I thought it was short on plot. I'm still debating if I want to read In Starlight to see where the story goes.

As I'm critiquing T. F. Walsh's sequel to Cloaked in Fur, I decided to read First Moon by Michelle Fox to have a sense of a different werewolf romance. I enjoyed both books, each unique in their setting and plot.

I've been a Sue Grafton fan for years and even got my mother-in-law addicted to the ABC collection. I'm halfway through V is for Vengeance,but it's taking me a lot longer to get into it than most of her other Kinsey Millhone books.

Any book recommendations?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: